Strawberry Meringue Cups Recipe
- 2 Eggland's Best Egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- Place egg white in a bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Drop into four mounds on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Shape into 4-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 225° for 1-1/2 hours or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1-1/2 hours. Store in an airtight container.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Just before serving, spoon into meringue shells. Top with strawberries and garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry Meringue Cups(2)
Sort By :
I have made this dessert several times and it always meets with raves. It's light so after a meal when I serve this dessert, no one turns it down!
Being from Germany I am used to making Schaum Torte, and this recipe reminds me of my recipe from home, only easier. It is light and very tasty. My family loved it. I will certainly make it again and again.