Strawberry Melon Fizz
Experimenting in the kitchen's fun for me. That's how I came up with this recipe—I adapted it from two different recipes I got from friends for a melon ball basket and for a sparkling beverage. —Teresa Messick, Montgomery, Alabama
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- Ginger ale or sparkling white grape juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and mint; bring to a
- boil. Boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads 240°
- (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; allow to cool. Discard
- Combine strawberries and melon. Just before serving, fill tall
- glasses with fruit and drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Add ginger
- ale to each. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.