Strawberry Melon Fizz Recipe
Experimenting in the kitchen's fun for me. That's how I came up with this recipe—I adapted it from two different recipes I got from friends for a melon ball basket and for a sparkling beverage. —Teresa Messick, Montgomery, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8-10 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- Ginger ale or sparkling white grape juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and mint; bring to a boil. Boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; allow to cool. Discard mint.
- 2. Combine strawberries and melon. Just before serving, fill tall glasses with fruit and drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Add ginger ale to each. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 194 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC