Experimenting in the kitchen's fun for me. That's how I came up with this recipe—I adapted it from two different recipes I got from friends for a melon ball basket and for a sparkling beverage. —Teresa Messick, Montgomery, Alabama
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 fresh mint sprigs
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups cubed honeydew
- 1-3/4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- Ginger ale or sparkling white grape juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, water and mint; bring to a boil. Boil and stir until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat; allow to cool. Discard mint.
- Combine strawberries and melon. Just before serving, fill tall glasses with fruit and drizzle with 1 tablespoon syrup. Add ginger ale to each. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Melon Fizz in Country Woman May/June 1998, p31
Reviews for Strawberry Melon Fizz
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review