Strawberry Mascarpone Crepes Recipe
These lovely strawberry crepes were my mom's Sunday morning specialty. She grew all her own herbs, including plenty of basil for this recipe and other favorites. —Shannon Soper, West Bend, Wisconsin
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 4 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- STRAWBERRY TOPPING:
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon strawberry or vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 4 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1. In a blender, combine the batter ingredients; cover and process until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Meanwhile, for filling, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, confectioners' sugar, basil and lemon juice. Gently fold in strawberries. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 3. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the strawberries, sugar, orange juice, extract and salt. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 4. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in an 8-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; pour about 1/4 cup batter into the center of skillet. Lift and tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Cook until top appears dry; turn and cook 15-20 seconds longer. Remove to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter, greasing skillet as needed. When cool, stack crepes with waxed paper or paper towels in between.
- 5. Spoon filling over crepes; roll up. Serve with strawberry topping. Yield: 8 crepes.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC