Strawberry Marmalade Recipe
This recipe makes ordinary orange marmalade into something really special! Sometimes I make it using strawberries that I've frozen without adding sugar or water. I just thaw them in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 medium lemons
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 quart ripe strawberries, crushed
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 pouch liquid fruit pectin (half of a 6-ounce package)
- 1. Peel outer layer of oranges and lemons; set aside. Remove the white membrane from fruit and discard. Set the fruit aside. Chop peels; place in a large saucepan. Add water and baking soda; cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, section oranges and lemons, reserving juice. Add fruit and juice to saucepan; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Add strawberries. Measure fruit; return 4 cups to the saucepan. (If you have more than 4 cups, discard any extra; if less, add water to equal 4 cups.) Add sugar and mix well. Boil, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in pectin. Continue to boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Carefully ladle into 10 hot half-pint jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight.
- 4. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 10 minutes. Remove jars and cool. Yield: about 10 half-pints.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 71 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Marmalade
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC