Strawberry Mango Sorbet Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- 2. Place mangoes and strawberries in a food processor; add sugar syrup and lime juice. Cover and process until pureed. Transfer puree to a 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 45 minutes or until edges begin to firm. Stir and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- 3. Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth Yield: 1 quart.
1/2 cup: 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), trace protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit
Reviews for Strawberry Mango Sorbet
"I made this several times for my family last summer and will make it again this summer. It is so simple!! My sister loved when I made it for her after her wisdom teeth extraction surgery. TRY THIS RECIPE!"
"This was pretty good, but it was REALLY sweet. I suggest only adding the sugar syrup to taste. The fruit I used was very sweet, so putting all of the sugar syrup in made the whole thing too sweet in my opinion."
"It was really yummy! But next time I would make it into popsicles, since it turns rock hard in the freezer after a while."