Strawberry Mango Sorbet
“This is fresh, really simple and will keep in a freezer container…if you don’t eat it all the first day.” Sandra Vachon - Saint-Constant, Quebec
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1-1/2 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil. Cook and stir
- until sugar is dissolved; set aside to cool.
- Place mangoes and strawberries in a food processor; add sugar syrup
- and lime juice. Cover and process until pureed. Transfer puree to a
- 13x9-in. dish. Freeze 45 minutes or until edges begin to firm. Stir
- and return to freezer. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a food processor; cover and process
- 2-3 minutes or until smooth
- Yield: 1 quart.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 103 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.