I combined some different ideas from several recipes to come up with the ingredients for this salad. In deference to a dear friend's craving, the recipe had to include balsamic vinegar in the dressing. It was a satisfying hit.
Featured In: 41 Ways to Love Jell-O (Because We Know You Do)
- 2 cups spring mix salad greens
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled mango
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- In a serving bowl, combine the salad greens, mango, strawberries and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, sugar, vinegar and salt. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Mango Salad in Reminisce June/July 2009, p50
Reviews for Strawberry Mango Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2015
"Great summery flavors!"
Reviewed Aug. 7, 2012
"I really enjoyed this salad and my husband loved it!"