- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 pound)
- 4 cups torn iceberg lettuce
- 4 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup salad croutons
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
- Poppy seed salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Cook chicken in drippings 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°; cut into bite-size pieces.
- Place lettuces on a large serving platter. Arrange chicken, oranges, tomatoes, strawberries, avocados, croutons, green onions, cheese and bacon over lettuce. Serve with salad dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Mandarin Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2015
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Strawberry Mandarin Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review