Strawberry Malted Mousse Cups
Eyes light up whenever I bring these pretty treats to the table. The mousse cups are nice not only for Christmas, but also for bridal and baby showers.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup malted milk powder
- 1 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine the gelatin, cornstarch and water until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until
- mixture becomes clear. Remove from the heat; cool for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine malted milk powder and creamer; whisk into
- gelatin mixture. Stir in 2 cups whipped topping. Spoon into six
- dessert dishes; chill until set.
- Just before serving, dollop with remaining whipped topping. Garnish
- with berries and mint if desired. Yield: 6 servings.