The second question people ask when I serve them this pie is, "What's your recipe?" It comes right after their first question: "May I have another slice?" I like sewing and quilting, gardening…and canning the surplus! —Lauretha Rowe, Scranton, Kansas
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam, melted
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 oz. chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly; spread or brush over the bottom and up the sides of pastry shell. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries over the filling; brush with jam. Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Lover's Pie in Country Woman May/June 1994, p29
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Lover's Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review