- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam, melted
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 oz. chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly; spread or brush over the bottom and up the sides of pastry shell. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries over the filling; brush with jam. Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Lover's Pie
Sort By :
"This is always my "Go to" recipe for something quick and easy to make for a potluck or BBQ. Thank you for a terrific recipe. I always get requests for this recipe."
"This pie is so good!!"
"Cream cheese mixture needs something..... A slash of lemon juice or almond extract along with the vanilla or a small layer of whipped topping also splash the top with Redi Whip in random spots. Or as one comment said add a I'm going to say a thin layer of strawberry glaze to the top of the cream cheese mixture / something anyone of the above or all of the above would make this pie much better then it is. I would also definitely double the chocolate amt called for. I don't know where this pie won it's prize to be a prize winning recipe but it is definitely lacking as is. But it does have possibilities. The strawberry jam is what makes it! I am a great baker if I do say so myself so I do know what I am talking about with my suggestions. A small amount of peach nectar could also be used in the cream cheese mixture to make this recipe really pop!!!"
"I have made this many times. I didn't always have the strawberry jam so I used the strawberry glaze that you can purchase in the produce department. Like the creator of this recipe, people always ask me for the recipe after they tell me how much they love the pie!"
"Follow the directions to a t! I tried to add a lil more choc.the crust. It made it a little bit hard to cut for even pieces. But tasted amazing!!"