Strawberry Lover's Pie Recipe
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 1/3 cup strawberry jam, melted
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 oz. chocolate and butter over low heat, stirring constantly; spread or brush over the bottom and up the sides of pastry shell. Chill.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Arrange strawberries over the filling; brush with jam. Melt the remaining chocolate and drizzle over the top. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Lover's Pie(6)
Sort By :
I have made this many times. I didn't always have the strawberry jam so I used the strawberry glaze that you can purchase in the produce department. Like the creator of this recipe, people always ask me for the recipe after they tell me how much they love the pie!
Follow the directions to a t! I tried to add a lil more choc.the crust. It made it a little bit hard to cut for even pieces. But tasted amazing!!
Every year I pick at least 60 lbs. of strawberries. There is only 2 pies that I have been making and this is one of them. And know i'm deciding there is more different ones out there to try. This strawberry lover's pie is my favorite, by far
What an awesome pie! I have been making it for 17 years! I usually double the filling. I use a premade graham crust & have used frozen mixed berries - always turns out wonderful!
I have made this pie many times and we always enjoy it. The chocolate does make it a bit difficult to cut the pie, but the flavor makes up for it. I do find that if the pie sits overnight (which is not specified or required), the berries do tend to "weep" a bit and the jam topping tends to liquefy. Still, the flavor is good enough to overlook that, in my opinion. It definitely is better if you can prepare and serve it all in the same day.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Pie Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Easter Desserts >
- Easter Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Grand Prize Winning Recipes >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pie Recipes >