Our family loves fresh strawberries. I look for ways to use them, like this tempting, yummy dessert with sweet strawberries, tart lime, pretzels and cream cheese. —Alexandra Barnett, Forest, Virginia
Featured In: 30 Desserts Made in a 13x9 Pan
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels (about 6 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (6 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, chopped
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place crushed pretzels and 1/4 cup sugar in a small bowl; stir in melted butter. Spread out in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. To toast, bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, add boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. Gently stir in strawberries. Cool slightly. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, lime peel, lime juice, vanilla and remaining sugar until blended. Stir in cooled pretzel mixture. Spread into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Top with strawberry mixture. Refrigerate, covered, 2 hours or until firm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry-Lime Bars in Taste of Home June/July 2015
Reviews for Strawberry-Lime Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2015
"These were delicious! Crust didn't get as firm as I would've liked but I think that's because I used fat free cream cheese. Served with a dollop of whipped topping...yum!"