Keith is always happy to see me coming with a jug of this quenching beverage and a snack for a break when he's busy around the farm.Denise Nebel, Wayland, Iowa
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 3 cups cold water
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups cold club soda
- Lemon slices, optional
- Place half of the water, strawberries and sugar in a blender; cover
- and blend until smooth. Transfer to a large pitcher. Repeat with
- remaining water, strawberries and sugar. Stir in lemon juice, then
- add soda. Serve immediately, garnished with lemon if desired. Yield:
- 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 100 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 14 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.