Strawberry Lemon Trifle Recipe
"This refreshingly fruity dessert is one of our favorites," writes Lynn Marie Frucci of Pullman, Washington. "It looks so beautiful layered in a glass bowl that people will think you fussed. The secret is starting with a purchased angel food cake."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:14 servings
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice or water
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt. Add the milk, dry pudding mix and lemon peel; beat until smooth. In a blender, process 1/2 cup strawberries and grape juice until blended.
- 2. Tear cake into 1-in. cubes; place a third in a trifle bowl or 3-qt. serving bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture and half of the remaining strawberries. Drizzle with half of the strawberry sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining cake and pudding mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC