Strawberry Lemon Trifle
"This refreshingly fruity dessert is one of our favorites," writes Lynn Marie Frucci of Pullman, Washington. "It looks so beautiful layered in a glass bowl that people will think you fussed. The secret is starting with a purchased angel food cake."
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- 1 tablespoon white grape juice or water
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and yogurt. Add the milk, dry
- pudding mix and lemon peel; beat until smooth. In a blender, process
- 1/2 cup strawberries and grape juice until blended.
- Tear cake into 1-in. cubes; place a third in a trifle bowl or 3-qt.
- serving bowl. Top with a third of the pudding mixture and half of
- the remaining strawberries. Drizzle with half of the strawberry
- sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining cake and pudding mixture. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 14 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato
, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now