Strawberry-Lemon Cream Puffs Recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup (8 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon butter flavoring
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour all at once and stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Continue beating until mixture is smooth and shiny.
- 2. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 3 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. remove to wire racks. Immediately split puffs open and remove tops; discard soft dough from inside. Cool puffs.
- 4. For filling, combine sugar and cornstarch in a saucepan. Stir in milk and yogurt until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon extract and butter flavoring. Cool. Fold in strawberries. Chill.
- 5. Fill the cream puffs just before serving. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 192 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry-Lemon Cream Puffs
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.