Strawberry Lemon Bavarian
Although I'm a well-seasoned cook, I never tire of simple pleasures. With few ingredients and easy preparation, this dessert is one of my all-time favorites.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and additional whipped cream, optional
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for
- 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely
- dissolved. Remove from the heat; stir in the lemonade concentrate,
- strawberries and sugar.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cover and refrigerate until partially set,
- about 50 minutes.
- Fold in whipped cream. Spoon into six dessert dishes. Cover and
- refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Garnish with fresh berries
- and additional whipped cream if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 166 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.