Strawberry-Lemon Angel Cake Recipe
"I couldn't decide how to use the lemon curd a friend had given me, so I tried spreading it between layers of angel food cake," relates Marietta Eklund of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. "I topped each piece with strawberries. We loved it!"
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 4 to 5 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- For lemon curd, in the top of a double boiler, beat eggs and sugar. Stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cook over simmering water for 15 minutes or until mixture has thickened and a thermometer reads 160°. Strain to remove peel and stir in food coloring if desired. Refrigerate.
- Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a serving plate; top with a third of the lemon curd. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with strawberries. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry-Lemon Angel Cake in Light & Tasty August/September 2004, p60
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry-Lemon Angel Cake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >