Strawberry Ladyfinger Dessert
I like to garnish this dessert with strawberry slices arranged to look like poinsettias-it's pretty, festive and feeds a crowd!
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) ladyfingers, split
- 1 package (4-3/4 ounces) strawberry Junket Danish Dessert
- 1-3/4 cups cold water
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional sliced strawberries, optional
- Place ladyfingers in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish; set
- aside. In a saucepan, bring dessert mix and water to a boil. Cook
- and stir for 1 minute. Cool for 4-5 minutes; fold in strawberries.
- Spoon over ladyfingers; spread gently. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4
- hours. Spread with whipped topping. Garnish with additional
- strawberries if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 113 calories, 3 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.