Strawberry-Kiwi Jam Recipe
"My family always gives jams and jellies as gifts and everyone appreciates it. Strawberries and kiwi make a wonderful combination." Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- 1. Rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. In a large bowl, mash berries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add kiwi, lemon juice and ginger. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- 2. Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3. Remove from heat; skim off foam. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- 4. Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 5-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 94 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC