"My family always gives jams and jellies as gifts and everyone appreciates it. Strawberries and kiwi make a wonderful combination."
Kathy Kittell, Lenexa, Kansas
46 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min. + standing
- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- In a large bowl, mash berries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add the
- kiwi, lemon juice and ginger. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full
- rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; skim off foam. Ladle into
- jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1
- Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24
- hours. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 12 months.
- Yield: 5-3/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 94 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.