- 6 cups fresh strawberries
- 3 medium kiwifruit, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 5 cups sugar
- Rinse six 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly. In a large bowl, mash berries; transfer to a Dutch oven. Add kiwi, lemon juice and ginger. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar; return to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; skim off foam. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 5-3/4 cups.
Reviews for Strawberry-Kiwi Jam
Sort By :
I love this jam! I made this jam and I am amazed at the flavor! I have had something similar and found that the ginger can be a little strong... so I went on the lighter side of 1 Tbsp. I used just a pinch under. Perfect! I will make this again... and again! Love that it is freezer jam. So easy!
Amazing! This was the first time I ever made a freezer jam...and it was a huge success!! Great flavor, very easy!! You better make a double batch, because it goes quick, and you will want to give some to family and friends...too good not to share!! Love it!!