Strawberry Kiwi Dessert Recipe
In the heat of summer, folks will look foreword to a light dessert like this. The season's finest fruits are slightly sweetened with caramel, orange juice and honey. Serve this fruity finale alone or on top of pound cake, angel food cake or ice cream.
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey-roasted almonds or toasted almonds
- 1. Place fruit in a serving bowl. Combine caramel topping and orange juice; drizzle over fruit. Sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 112 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC