Strawberry Kiwi Chicken Salad
A special salad would be just the thing to complete a warm weather lunch, and Lori Nordhoff of Urbandale, Iowa, has the perfect complement. Strawberry Chicken Salad combines fresh fruit with cooked chicken to create this hearty fruit salad perfect for picnics and luncheons alike. Lori likes to add a handful of chopped walnuts for extra crunch.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with
- dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-3/4 cups) equals 344 calories, 16 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 331 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.