Strawberry Kiwi Chicken Salad Recipe
A special salad would be just the thing to complete a warm weather lunch, and Lori Nordhoff of Urbandale, Iowa, has the perfect complement. Strawberry Chicken Salad combines fresh fruit with cooked chicken to create this hearty fruit salad perfect for picnics and luncheons alike. Lori likes to add a handful of chopped walnuts for extra crunch.
- 5 cups spring mix salad greens
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1-1/4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup poppy seed salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2007, p20
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Strawberry Kiwi Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 16, 2010
BEAUTIFUL SALAD FOR PEOPLE WHO LOVE BLUE CHEESE. WE LOVED IT.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Chicken Salads >
- Green Salad Recipes >
- Main Dish Salad Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >