Strawberry Jelly Roll Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- 1. Mix cake according to package directions. Spread batter into a greased and waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- 2. Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners; sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. Combine strawberries and sugar; set aside. To serve, drain strawberries. Unroll cake; spread with half of the topping. Cover with the berries. Roll up again. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Spread with remaining topping. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
One serving equals 244 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fruit.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.