Strawberry Jelly Roll Recipe
This pretty jelly roll makes a wonderful dessert for summer or any time of year. It gets a head start with a convenient angel food cake mix.Jeanette Fuehring, Concordia, Missouri
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 cups fat-free whipped topping
- Mix cake according to package directions. Spread batter into a greased and waxed paper-lined 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners; sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Combine strawberries and sugar; set aside. To serve, drain strawberries. Unroll cake; spread with half of the topping. Cover with the berries. Roll up again. Place on a serving plate, seam side down. Spread with remaining topping. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Jelly Roll in Country Woman May/June 1998, p36
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Jelly Roll(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Desserts >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >