Strawberry Jam in a Jiffy Recipe
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 1. Rinse five 1-cup freezer-safe containers and lids with boiling water. Dry completely. Thoroughly crush strawberries, 1 cup at a time, to measure exactly 2 cups; transfer to a large bowl. Stir in sugar; let stand 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a small saucepan, mix water and pectin; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute longer. Add to strawberry mixture, stirring until sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. (A few sugar crystals may remain.)
- 3. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers; immediately cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature 24 hours.
- 4. Jam is now ready to use. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 12 months. Thaw frozen jam in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 4-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons: 91 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 23g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Jam in a Jiffy
"This recipe is exactly the same recipe in a box of Sure-Jell! Made it for years."
"Excellent! Better than any jam I've bought in the grocery store. Tastes so fresh, bright color, delicious, and so easy to make! This recipe is a KEEPER!"
"Wow, Pythonesk, submit a 1 star review just because you don't read the recipe properly. I will give 5 starts just to try to balance the scale."
"Pythonesk, 4 cups of whole berries crushed down will come close to the 2 cup measurement. You might have a bit of crushed berries leftover after crushing them."
"Why does this call for 4 cups of strawberries, but only 2 are mentioned in the text of the recipe????"