- batter to prepared pans.
- Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until
- fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, strawberries and extract; beat
- until smooth.
- Place bottom cake layer on a serving plate; top with 1/2 cup jam and
- 1/2 cup frosting. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer.
- Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Garnish with
- sliced strawberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice (calculated without sliced strawberries) equals 706 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 377 mg sodium, 110 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.