When we pick strawberries at a local farm, this is what many of the berries are used for. It's a great summertime treat.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Place the strawberries in a blender or food processor; cover and
- process until smooth. In a saucepan, bring sugar and water to a
- boil. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes; cool
- slightly. Add to blender. Add lemon juice; cover and process until
- Pour into a shallow freezer container; cover and freeze for 4-6 hours
- or until almost frozen. Just before serving, whip mixture in a
- blender or food processor. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 125 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.