- 2 packages (3 ounces each) soft ladyfingers, split
- 4 cups strawberry ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1-3/4 cups strawberry sorbet, softened if necessary
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Line the sides and bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan with ladyfingers, rounded sides out; trim to fit, if necessary. (Save remaining ladyfingers for another use.)
- Quickly spread ice cream into prepared pan; freeze, covered, 30 minutes. Spread sorbet over ice cream; freeze 30 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries and confectioners' sugar in a food processor; process until pureed. Reserve 1/4 cup puree for swirling. Transfer remaining puree to a large bowl; whisk in marshmallow creme.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold into marshmallow mixture. Spread evenly over sorbet; drizzle with reserved puree. Cut through puree with a knife to swirl. Freeze, covered, overnight.
- Remove from freezer; carefully loosen sides from pan with a knife. Remove rim from pan. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 slices.
Originally published as Strawberry Ice Cream Charlotte in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Ice Cream Charlotte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review