Strawberry Heart Cake Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Red-hot candies, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine cake mix, gelatin and flour. Beat in oil and eggs. Drain strawberries, reserving 1/2 cup syrup for frosting. Add berries and water to batter; mix well. Divide batter between two waxed paper-lined 8-in. baking pans, one square and one round.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes (square) and 35-40 minutes (round or until cake tests done. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine butter and reserved syrup. Gradually add sugar; beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Place square cake diagonally on a 20-in. x 15-in. covered board. Cut round cake in half.
- 4. Frost cut sides; place frosted sides against the top two sides of square cake, forming a heart. Frost sides and top of cake. Decorate with red-hots if desired. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 430 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 291mg sodium, 72g carbohydrate (57g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Heart Cake
"THIS LOOKS REALY GOOD"
"It sure can be made as a two layer cake. The one above is basically a single layer sheet cake. HTH"
"Can this recipe be made with 2 heart shaped pan layered together with frosting in the middle?"