Strawberry-Hazelnut Meringue Shortcakes Recipe
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- 6 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 cups low-fat frozen yogurt
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes.
- 2. Preheat oven to 250°. Beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high after each addition until sugar is dissolved. Continue beating until stiff glossy peaks form.
- 3. Drop meringue into eight mounds on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. With the back of a spoon, shape into 3-in. cups. Sprinkle with hazelnuts. Bake 45-50 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven (do not open oven door); leave meringues in oven 1 hour. Remove from oven; cool completely on baking sheets. Remove meringues from paper.
- 4. Place 3 cups strawberries in a large bowl; mash slightly. Stir in remaining strawberries. Just before serving, top meringues with frozen yogurt and strawberries. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving: 212 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 74mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Strawberry-Hazelnut Meringue Shortcakes
"Easy and taste better than pound cake or shortcake cups. My husband asked for me to make it again."
"Great Taste Was Delish !!!"
"Easy recipe and taste great."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.