Strawberry Granola Squares Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups granola cereal without raisins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 cup strawberry preserves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the granola, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Set aside a third of the mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture into a well-greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with reserved granola mixture. Bake 15 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly around the edges. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 squares.
2 squares equals 349 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Granola Squares
"These are great! Made a lightly crunch bar that didn't feel to sugary. Nice way to use the last of granola cereal. Quickly assembled. Followed directions exactly and bars cut nicely. As a volunteer Taste of Home food editor I enjoy baking classic recipes with a twist. Try these granola bars with your favorite granola!"