Strawberry Graham Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread half over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate remaining cream mixture.
- 4. Pour gelatin mixture over filling; refrigerate until firm. Top with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh berries and mint if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 262 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 164mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Graham Dessert
"made this recently for work. Mine was a little sloppy and the next day, leftovers did not look so inviting. It had a good flavor, but I felt there was not enough filling. I did use vanilla oreos instead of graham crackers for the crust. I needed to use them up!!"
"Made this for a family gathering and everyone loved it. I did raspberry instead of strawberry though."
"Made this for a party! Rave reviews! Delicious but a bit sloppy! It doesn't double well. But still tasted great!"
"I made this for Easter and everyone loved it! I didn't have any leftovers to bring home with me! It was so good, a nice light dessert! I plan to make it again for my sister's baby shower!"
"I have been making this recipe and with other flavors also for years. I also chill the crust instead of baking it. I use yogurt in place of whipping cream and it comes out great it's a beautiful and yummy dessert. It's so easy to make, unfortunately doesn't stay around more than a day or so."
"I have made this several times, most of the time doubling it to make a 9 X 13 pan for our family get-togethers. Easy to make. I did add a little sugar & increased 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs. I chilled crust in fridge instead of baking crust. Very tasty. One of my guests said she could eat the whole pan by herself & wanted some to take home for "breakfast.""