Strawberry Graham Dessert Recipe
My mother passed the recipe for this luscious dessert on me...and my family has enjoyed it for years. These days, I often make this special treat for my granddaughter. It's a fun way to dress up Jell-O, and kids love it. -Audrey Huckell, Wabigoon, Ontario
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread half over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate remaining cream mixture.
- 4. Pour gelatin mixture over filling; refrigerate until firm. Top with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh berries and mint if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 262 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC