Strawberry Graham Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 16 squares)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- Fresh strawberries and mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter; set aside 1 tablespoon for topping. Press the remaining crumb mixture into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 325° for 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in strawberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Spread half over cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate remaining cream mixture.
- 4. Pour gelatin mixture over filling; refrigerate until firm. Top with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate overnight. Garnish with fresh berries and mint if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 262 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Graham Dessert
"made this recently for work. Mine was a little sloppy and the next day, leftovers did not look so inviting. It had a good flavor, but I felt there was not enough filling. I did use vanilla oreos instead of graham crackers for the crust. I needed to use them up!!"
"Made this for a family gathering and everyone loved it. I did raspberry instead of strawberry though."
"Made this for a party! Rave reviews! Delicious but a bit sloppy! It doesn't double well. But still tasted great!"
"I made this for Easter and everyone loved it! I didn't have any leftovers to bring home with me! It was so good, a nice light dessert! I plan to make it again for my sister's baby shower!"
"I have been making this recipe and with other flavors also for years. I also chill the crust instead of baking it. I use yogurt in place of whipping cream and it comes out great it's a beautiful and yummy dessert. It's so easy to make, unfortunately doesn't stay around more than a day or so."
"I have made this several times, most of the time doubling it to make a 9 X 13 pan for our family get-togethers. Easy to make. I did add a little sugar & increased 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs. I chilled crust in fridge instead of baking crust. Very tasty. One of my guests said she could eat the whole pan by herself & wanted some to take home for "breakfast.""