Strawberry Glaze Pie Recipe
- 6 cups fresh whole strawberries, hulled, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- Few drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- Whipped cream
- 1. Mash 1 cup strawberries; set aside.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in water and mashed berries. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Stir in food coloring if desired. Cook and stir 3 minutes more. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 3. Spread about 1/3 cup glaze over bottom and sides of pie shell. Halve remaining strawberries; arrange in shell. Spoon remaining glaze over berries. Chill for 1-2 hours. Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream. Pie is best served the day it's made. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 261 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 102 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.