Strawberry Ginger Tart Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white and ginger. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with chips. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until chocolate is melted; spread over crust. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth; spread over chocolate. Top with strawberries. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam in 10-second intervals until melted; brush over strawberries. Sprinkle with ginger. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 293 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Ginger Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.