Strawberry Ginger Tart Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 4 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg white and ginger. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. tart pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Sprinkle with chips. Bake 4-5 minutes longer or until chocolate is melted; spread over crust. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and milk until smooth; spread over chocolate. Top with strawberries. In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam in 10-second intervals until melted; brush over strawberries. Sprinkle with ginger. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 293 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 201mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Strawberry Ginger Tart
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.