Kids will gasp in delight at these adorable ghosts. Juicy strawberries, chocolate and a lick of almond flavor make these little bites a howling success! —Nancy Mueller, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
- 30 fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening at 50% power; stir until smooth. Stir in extract.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts' tails. Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Freeze 5 minutes.
- In microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each ghost. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry Ghosts in Simple & Delicious September/October 2007, p14
Reviews for Strawberry Ghosts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review