Kids will gasp in delight at these adorable ghosts. Juicy strawberries, chocolate and a lick of almond flavor make these little bites a howling success! —Nancy Mueller, Highlands Ranch, Colorado
30 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 30 fresh strawberries
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Wash strawberries and gently pat with paper towels until completely
- dry. In a microwave-safe bowl, melt white chocolate and shortening
- at 50% power; stir until smooth. Stir in extract.
- Dip strawberries in chocolate mixture; place on a waxed paper-lined
- baking sheet, allowing excess chocolate to form the ghosts' tails.
- Immediately press chocolate chips into coating for eyes. Freeze 5
- In microwave, melt remaining chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Dip
- a toothpick into melted chocolate and draw a mouth on each ghost.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 strawberry equals 54 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 8 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.