Strawberry Gelatin Salad
Even though it's low-fat, this salad is always a hit when served at church dinners and family reunions. Strawberries, bananas and pineapple give this dish its delightful natural sweetness.Ruth Barton, Millsap, Texas
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- Mash strawberries, bananas and sugar substitute; set aside. Dissolve
- gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberry mixture and pineapple.
- Pour half into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Chill
- until firm. Combine yogurt and the remaining gelatin mixture; spoon
- over the first layer. Chill until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 86 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/4 fat-free milk.