Strawberry Gelatin Salad Recipe
Even though it's low-fat, this salad is always a hit when served at church dinners and family reunions. Strawberries, bananas and pineapple give this dish its delightful natural sweetness.—Ruth Barton, Millsap, Texas
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1. Mash strawberries, bananas and sugar substitute; set aside. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberry mixture and pineapple.
- 2. Pour half into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm. Combine yogurt and the remaining gelatin mixture; spoon over the first layer. Chill until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving equals 86 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1/4 fat-free milk.
Reviews for Strawberry Gelatin Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC