Even though it's low-fat, this salad is always a hit when served at church dinners and family reunions. Strawberries, bananas and pineapple give this dish its delightful natural sweetness.—Ruth Barton, Millsap, Texas
- 2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.6 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- Mash strawberries, bananas and sugar substitute; set aside. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in strawberry mixture and pineapple.
- Pour half into an 8-in. square dish coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm. Combine yogurt and the remaining gelatin mixture; spoon over the first layer. Chill until firm, about 3 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Gelatin Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p44
Reviews for Strawberry Gelatin Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review