Strawberry Gelatin Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1. In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl; let stand for 20 minutes. In another bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain berries, reserving the juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Stir berries and juice mixture into gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set.
- 3. Meanwhile, combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping, then gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 243 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 150mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Strawberry Gelatin Dessert
"I love this dessert, first got the recipe from my mother. Sometimes I add cream cheese."
"Waaaaay too many carbohydrates. I never use real sugar in any recipe--or marshmallows. IMO, this is not diabetic."
"Yummy!!! Everyone loved this dessert. It is light and full of flavor. This is easy to make. We will have this again."