Strawberry Gelatin Dessert Recipe
"I love desserts and strawberries, so I try to combine the two whenever possible," says Virginia Myers of Altamont, Illinois. "This light fluffy gelatin treat goes over well whenever I serve it."
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press into a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl; let stand for 20 minutes. In another bowl, dissolve gelatin in water. Drain berries, reserving the juice; add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup. Stir berries and juice mixture into gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Meanwhile, combine marshmallows and milk in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low heat until blended and smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes. Fold in whipped topping, then gelatin mixture. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Gelatin Dessert in Taste of Home June/July 2001, p16
Reviews for Strawberry Gelatin Dessert(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2012
Waaaaay too many carbohydrates. I never use real sugar in any recipe--or marshmallows. IMO, this is not diabetic.
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2011
Yummy!!! Everyone loved this dessert. It is light and full of flavor. This is easy to make. We will have this again.