"We love strawberries and chocolate at our house, so I developed this fudgy, fruity torte out of two others we’ve enjoyed in the past. Fresh raspberries, along with raspberry cream cheese and yogurt make tasty substitutes in this delightful, impressive dessert," says Pat Stewart from Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 carton (6 ounces) strawberry yogurt
- 1/2 cup spreadable strawberry cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup hot fudge ice cream topping, warmed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the yogurt, cream cheese, lemon juice and extract until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar; fold in whipped topping.
- Remove sides of springform pan; place crust on a serving plate. Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges; top with cream cheese mixture. Arrange strawberries on top; sprinkle with almonds. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
- Drizzle with remaining fudge topping. Serve immediately. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Fudge Torte in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p37
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Strawberry Fudge Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review