Strawberry French Toast Bake Recipe
I was ecstatic when the owners of the Morley House in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, graciously shared this fabulous recipe with me. It's so good! —Debbie Dougherty, New Albany, Indiana
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 16 slices bread, crusts removed
- 10 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 jar (18 ounces) strawberry preserves
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Spread cream cheese over eight slices of bread; top with remaining bread. Cut sandwiches into 1-in. squares; place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, combine the eggs, cream, butter and syrup; pour into the dish. With a spoon, gently press bread cubes into egg mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean and top is golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 3. For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine preserves and strawberries. Cook and stir until preserves are melted. Serve with French toast bake. Yield: 8 servings (2-1/2 cups sauce).
1 piece with about 1/3 cup sauce equals 697 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 348 mg cholesterol, 662 mg sodium, 82 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry French Toast Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC