Strawberry French Toast Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 10 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, strawberries and confectioners' sugar until blended. Spread about 2 tablespoons on one side of half the bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- Place sandwiches in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over bread. Turn each sandwich. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- With a slotted spatula, transfer sandwiches to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Discard any remaining egg mixture. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes; turn and bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar and water in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve French toast with strawberry sauce and maple syrup if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry French Toast
Sort By :
One of our favorite holiday breakfasts. This has the taste of "stuffed french toast" without the mess. Delicious.
This tasted restaurant quality. Very simple to make on a busy morning! The only thing I would do differently next time is cut the sugar in the syrup; it was very sweet. Other than that, this was great!
I have made this several times for breakfast/brunch with great success and reviews from friends and family. Everything whips together easily, and it sets well overnight, making my job in the morning a breeze.
Sometimes I'll use my own variation of a strawberry sauce (frozen berries, 1-2 tbsp. sugar, water, and some corn starch to thicken).
Awesome! the only thing that i did different was i added cornstarch and water to thicken up the sauce.
I have made many French Toast recipes and this is one that is most frequently asked for by family and friends! Easy to make, delicious to eat, and a very impressive presentation!