Strawberry French Toast Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 10 eggs
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream or heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, strawberries and confectioners' sugar until blended. Spread about 2 tablespoons on one side of half the bread slices; top with remaining bread.
- Place sandwiches in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, cream and vanilla. Pour over bread. Turn each sandwich. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- With a slotted spatula, transfer sandwiches to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Discard any remaining egg mixture. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes; turn and bake 10 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, combine the strawberries, sugar and water in a large saucepan. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve French toast with strawberry sauce and maple syrup if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Strawberry French Toast
Sort By :
"One of our favorite holiday breakfasts. This has the taste of "stuffed french toast" without the mess. Delicious."
"This tasted restaurant quality. Very simple to make on a busy morning! The only thing I would do differently next time is cut the sugar in the syrup; it was very sweet. Other than that, this was great!"
"I have made this several times for breakfast/brunch with great success and reviews from friends and family. Everything whips together easily, and it sets well overnight, making my job in the morning a breeze.Sometimes I'll use my own variation of a strawberry sauce (frozen berries, 1-2 tbsp. sugar, water, and some corn starch to thicken)."
"Awesome! the only thing that i did different was i added cornstarch and water to thicken up the sauce."
"I have made many French Toast recipes and this is one that is most frequently asked for by family and friends! Easy to make, delicious to eat, and a very impressive presentation!"