- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup Light Corn Syrup Corn SyrupLighten Up Holiday Treats Sweeten your holiday treats with light corn syrup from ALDI.
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Wash and mash berries, measuring out enough mashed berries to make 4 cups; place in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberry mixture and water. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Yield: 4-1/2 pints.
Reviews for Strawberry Freezer Jam
Sort By :
"Great recipe. For those who said it didn't set up, freezer jam is a bit different from those you cook, so it won't set up like those."
"I even doubled the pectin and it still did not set up. Shouldn't this be a no cook item?"
"i really don't know if i would. second year in a row i made it and it not jell. was very precise in my measurements. i'm wondering if the lemon juice plus the 3/4 cups of water is too much liquid. should the pectin have been increased to 2 packages as suggested by "smstillinger.""
"Tasty jam, but it didn't get very thick. I think it could use 2 packages of pectin instead of 1. The infomation in the pectin box said to use 2 packages for 2 quarts of berries."
"Turned out delicious but slightly thinner than I expected. But overall very good and will make again."