Strawberry season is in early June here in Indiana. A dear friend gave this recipe to me when we lived in Germany. It is good on ice cream, too! —Mary Jean Ellis, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- Wash and mash berries, measuring out enough mashed berries to make 4 cups; place in a large bowl. Stir in sugar, corn syrup and lemon juice. Let stand 10 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven, combine strawberry mixture and water. Stir in pectin. Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; skim off foam.
- Pour into jars or freezer containers, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 12 months. Yield: 4-1/2 pints.
Originally published as Strawberry Freezer Jam in Taste of Home June/July 2006, p41
Reviews for Strawberry Freezer Jam
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review