Strawberry Fondue Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Cubed angel food cake
- 1. Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cherry juice. Transfer to a fondue pot; keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve fondue with cake and whipped cream. Yield: 1-1/2 cups fondue (1 cup cream).
1/4 cup fondue with about 3 tablespoons cream (calculated without cake) equals 171 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 11 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.