Strawberry Fondue Recipe
A friend shared this recipe with me more than 35 years ago. It tastes as great today as it did then. The luscious dip clings wonderfully to pieces of angel food cake.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Cubed angel food cake
- 1. Place strawberries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Transfer to a small saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water; stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cherry juice. Transfer to a fondue pot; keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and extract; beat until stiff peaks form. Serve fondue with cake and whipped cream. Yield: 1-1/2 cups fondue (1 cup cream).
1 each: 171 calories, 7g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 11mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Fondue
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC