This recipe from my sister-in-law was a big hit at our parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Guests always seem to enjoy the fluffy texture and the tangy flavor from the sliced berries.
80 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cartons (13-1/2 ounces each) strawberry glaze
- 2 quarts cold buttermilk
- 4 packages (5.1 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 cartons (16 ounces each) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 4 quarts fresh strawberries, sliced
- Additional fresh strawberries, optional
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin and glaze; set aside. In two large
- bowls, whisk buttermilk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand
- for 2 minutes or until soft set.
- Stir in glaze mixture; fold in whipped topping and strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight. Garnish with additional
- strawberries if desired. Yield: 80 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 126 calories, 4 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.