Strawberry Flax Smoothies
Please romance that recipe is also delicious without the flaxseed. IN an effort to promote flax, which we grow on our farm, my husband and I came up with this recipe while we were driving to the annual Pride of Dakota Show to sell our flax products. We made our first Strawberry Flax Smoothie at the show and it was a hit!
The smoothie can be prepared as well without the flax.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup refrigerated strawberry breeze juice blend
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1-1/2 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1/2 medium banana
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- In a blender, combine all ingredients; cover and process until
- smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; serve immediately. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 167 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.