I dress these cookies with green sugar sprinkles and strawberry jam to look like Christmas. The jam can be varied for different tastes and occasions.—Jennifer Eits, Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: 25 Recipes for Easter Cookies
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons coarse sugar
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Place coarse sugar in a shallow bowl. Roll dough into 1-in. balls; roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each ball.
- Bake at 375° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Press again into indentation with spoon handle. Remove to wire racks to cool. Spoon about 3/4 teaspoon strawberry jam into each cookie. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Strawberry-Filled Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p62
Reviews for Strawberry-Filled Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review