VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cubed
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 cups sugar-free low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed and sliced
- Place cake in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk 1-1/2 minutes. Add ice cream; whisk for 1 minute. Pour over cake; chill.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water and strawberries; mix until partially set. Spoon over pudding layer. Cover and chill overnight. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Dessert in Country Woman November/December 1995, p36
Reviews forStrawberry Dessert
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2008
"like to see picture of this recipe, please"