This recipe yields a large volume, so it's great to take to a potluck or family gathering. The cool, creamy pudding pairs well with the angel food cake and strawberries.
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cubed
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 cups sugar-free low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed and sliced
- Place cake in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk 1-1/2 minutes. Add ice cream; whisk for 1 minute. Pour over cake; chill.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water and strawberries; mix until partially set. Spoon over pudding layer. Cover and chill overnight. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Dessert in Country Woman November/December 1995, p36
Reviews for Strawberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2008
"like to see picture of this recipe, please"