This recipe yields a large volume, so it's great to take to a potluck or family gathering. The cool, creamy pudding pairs well with the angel food cake and strawberries.
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces), cubed
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup cold fat-free milk
- 2 cups sugar-free low-fat vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free strawberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 package (20 ounces) frozen unsweetened strawberries, partially thawed and sliced
- Place cake in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. In a bowl, whisk the pudding mix and milk 1-1/2 minutes. Add ice cream; whisk for 1 minute. Pour over cake; chill.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add cold water and strawberries; mix until partially set. Spoon over pudding layer. Cover and chill overnight. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Dessert in Country Woman November/December 1995, p36
Reviews for Strawberry Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 14, 2008
"like to see picture of this recipe, please"