Strawberry Dessert Soup Recipe
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups strawberry yogurt
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 3/4 cup water, apple juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place strawberries and remaining water in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into apple juice mixture. Stir in yogurt and food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- 3. Ladle soup into bowls. Combine sour cream and milk; spoon about 2-1/2 teaspoons into the center of each bowl. Using a toothpick, pull mixture out, forming a flower or design of your choice. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup: 192 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Strawberry Dessert Soup
"I made this for my son's prom group, and it was a hit as an appetizer. We will definitely recommend this recipe!"
"Delicious, my kids loved it, and what a great way to get fruit and more calcium!"
"I LOVE this soup! Very refreshing!"