Strawberry Dessert Soup Recipe
From Sharon Delaney-Chronis in South Milwaukee, Wisconsin: "When I first prepared this change-of-pace soup for a party, everyone called it a hit! My husband always likes it warmed up, but I prefer my soup chilled. Any leftovers, we drizzle over frozen custard for a fresh, fruity topping."
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled
- 2 cups strawberry yogurt
- 2 to 3 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine 3/4 cup water, apple juice, sugar, cinnamon and cloves. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place strawberries and remaining water in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Pour into apple juice mixture. Stir in yogurt and food coloring if desired. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until chilled.
- 3. Ladle soup into bowls. Combine sour cream and milk; spoon about 2-1/2 teaspoons into the center of each bowl. Using a toothpick, pull mixture out, forming a flower or design of your choice. Yield: 7 servings.
3/4 cup equals 192 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 45 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC